In addition to support from Domestic Abuse Safety Advisors (DASAs), victims can be offered the New Beginnings programme which provides a confidential and problem-free environment for them to share their experiences.
It focuses on the safety and wellbeing of victims and helping them to devise a safety plan.
Scroll down to read more.
The aims of the New Beginnings programme are to:
- empower victim;
- provide practical advice and strategies;
- develop robust safety plans to reduce the risk of future violence/abuse;
- increase victims awareness of domestic abuse, including the effects on children.
What makes this programme effective?
The course comprises of 8 workshops on issues that will help to empower victims and help them gain the confidence to take the necessary steps for a safer and more positive future.
The topics covered include:
- Legal rights
- Boundaries and assertiveness
- Children and parenting
- Dealing with financial issues.
For further details on the New Beginnings course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.