RISE Mutual is committed to protection and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice sets out why we collect and hold personal information about individuals and how we use that information and appropriately protect it. It explains the legal basis for this and the rights you have over the way your information is used.
RISE Mutual CIC is a community interest company with limited liability. We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 09386646 and our registered office is at 221 Walmer Road, London W11 4EY.
Why we collect personal information
RISE collects and processes information that is required in order for us to undertake our functions. Any personal information we hold is processed in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR).
How we collect your information
· When you give it to us directly
You may provide details to us in order for us to carry out a service for you.
· When you have given other organisations permission to share it
Your information may be provided to us by other organisations if you have given them your permission.
· When you use our website
We gather information relating to website usage. Any information gathered is primarily for internal use to allow us to refine and improve our customer service.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
· When you email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information in a number of ways which reflect the legal basis applying to processing of your data. These may include:
- · Providing you with services you have asked for, providing services appropriate to your needs.
- · When necessary for carrying out our obligations under a contract to deliver services to you, or other obligations imposed, for example, under the Health & Safety or the Equality Act.
- · Seeking your views on the services we provide so that we can make improvements.
- · Where the processing is necessary to comply with legal obligations, e.g. the prevention and/or detection of crime.
- · Sending you communications.
- · Maintaining our organisational records.
- · Processing job applications.
Our legal basis for processing your information
One or more of the following provides the lawful basis for which it is necessary for RISE to process your personal data:
- (a) Contract:the processing is necessary for contracts RISE has with individuals, for example, with individual employees.
- (b) Legal obligations: the processing is necessary for RISE to comply with any legal obligations that we may be subject to, for example, orders of the court or information we are required to supply to HMRC.
- (c) Legitimate interests – where the purpose of the processing is for the provision of information or services to individuals, RISE relies on the fact that it is necessary for legitimate interests that we process personal data in order to provide the information or service requested.
How we keep your information safe
We understand the importance of security of your personal information and take appropriate steps to safeguard it, including:
- · Restricted access to only those who require it to process data.
- · Personal data is password protected.
- · Using encrypted computers.
- · When transferring data to a third party, sending it by secure email.
Who we share information with
Information RISE collects is routinely shared with other third parties, such as local authorities, CAFCASS, the police, health and social care organisations, community organisations, who we either have contracts with, work in partnership with or make referrals to, in order to carry out our services effectively.
We also have contracts for services such as payroll.
We have an agreement in place with third parties for safe and effective information sharing and we require any suppliers to abide by the GDPR, to ensure that there are sufficient systems and procedures in place to protect your information.
We may also disclose your personal information if we are required to do so under any legal obligation.
How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity. By way of example, we hold data for six years after contract end so we can fulfil any statutory obligations.
You have the right to access your personal data and any such requests made to RISE shall be dealt with in a timely manner. You are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company holds about you and why
- Gain access to information held about you
- Be informed how we keep your data up to date and are meeting our data protection obligations, for example, around how you can exercise your rights with regards rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing
Please see our Subject Access Request Form for making a subject access request.
Requests should be made in writing – either by email or letter – and addressed to the Business Support Manager:
221 Walmer Road, London W11 4EY.
You may be charged a reasonable fee in limited circumstances and this will be explained to you if relevant. This will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
Information will be provided promptly and no later than 30 days following receipt of the request.
You also have the following rights:
- The right to request rectification of information that is inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to erasure of your information (known as the “right to be forgotten”);
- The right to restrict the way in which we are dealing with and using your information;
- The right to request that your information be provided to you in a format that is secure and suitable for re-use (known as the “right to portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling including profiling for marketing purposes
All of these rights are subject to certain safeguards and limits or exemptions.
Data protection registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection registration number is ZA104534
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 22 May 2018.
How to contact us
If you want to request information about this privacy notice you can email or write to:
RISE Mutual CIC
221 Walmer Road