RISE strives for a world where people can lead safe, purposeful lives thanks to better relationships within families and communities; where harmful behaviour is marginalised and fewer people are victims of crime. In order to create safe communities, we empower people to break their cycle of harmful behaviour. RISE’s programmes challenge attitudes and facilitate long-lasting behaviour change and are driven by the belief that anyone can make better decisions, given the right support. We are a small, motivated workforce, with the diverse skills, expertise and experience to reach our vision.
RISE Mutual is a Community Interest Company (CIC) and a public service mutual. We have built a name for ourselves working with Domestic Abuse perpetrators, and developed our own programmes using evidence-based and innovative approaches. Since 2015 we have been delivering in London Boroughs and across the UK to provide a range of services to perpetrators (and victims) of domestic abuse, including our own Safe Relationships Programme and HMPPS’s Accredited programme, Building Better Relationship programme.
RISE is recruiting for the following positions:
1. Part time Domestic Abuse Safety Advisor role
The DASA will provide a high-quality service to victims and those at risk of domestic abuse, providing information, practical support, advocacy, risk assessment, casework and group work. The post-holder will be expected to work within a multi-agency framework, and work closely with other service providers.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a similar role, providing advice, advocacy, counselling or casework within a domestic violence/social care setting.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Provide a high-quality service to victims of domestic abuse, delivering a service to those at risk;
- Work collaboratively within a multi – agency framework consisting of the Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) and local partnership responses to domestic abuse;
- Liaise with Social Services and other professional agencies in relation to any child protection/safeguarding risk issues highlighted;
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and keep abreast of current legislation, best practice and maintain a focus of continuous improvement;
- Work with victims of domestic abuse to help them access services to keep them and their children safe;
If this sounds interesting, please contact Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Job Description and summary of terms and conditions.
2. Domestic Abuse Practitioner role (located in the London borough of Barnet, Brent and Enfield)
RISE is looking to recruit a specialist Domestic Abuse Practitioner to work in north west london boroughs, focussing on the delivery of domestic abuse perpetrator interventions with the ultimate aim to protect victims and their children. The ideal candidate will have experience of group work delivery, and an understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse. They will be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure service users have the best experience possible. RISE would love to employ a probation officer or social worker qualified candidate, or ex-service users, and facilitators with dynamic and engaging personalities, who can really engage and motivate service users to change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver a wide range of interventions which include group work, one to ones, working with both families and Children and Service Users.
- Practitioners will need to adhere to relevant programme manuals and deliver programme sessions to ensure the integrity of programme delivery which is overseen by the Senior Practitioner.
- To engage all participants and facilitate learning including proactively working to reduce attrition.
- To engage closely with the Domestic Abuse Safety Advisor to increase the safety of victims and their children.
- To assist or lead on the delivery of training courses.
- To ensure effective planning for the delivery of each intervention with a co-facilitator (if required) in advance of the session.
- To attend Clinical Consultancy to support safe practice and develop resilience during the delivery of demanding work as directed by the Service Manager.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested. We are looking to recruit to this position as soon as possible.
2.1 Trainee Practitioners
RISE is recruiting to a new exciting role as trainee practitioners who will work closely with a lead or senior practitioner and obtain on-the-job training and qualifications. If you are interested in this role and want to hear more about it, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
3. DRIVE Case Manager (part time or full time positions)
Since 2018 we have been working with RESPECT, Safe Lives and London Borough of Croydon, delivering “DRIVE”, an intensive Case Management project for high-risk perpetrators of domestic abuse, holding them to account. DRIVE aims to reduce the number of victims of domestic abuse by disrupting and changing perpetrator behaviour. It implements a whole-system approach through an intensive individual intervention alongside a co-ordinated multi-agency response.
We are looking for a full time or part time DRIVE Case Manager to join this team in Croydon, working one-to-one to proactively secure engagement and influence behavioural change.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working directly with vulnerable individuals, male and female, within a public protection or safeguarding multi-agency setting. They will require an excellent understanding of domestic abuse (including coercive control), relevant legislative framework, and the effective ways of working and engaging with domestic abuse perpetrators. The candidate will need to be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, be organised and driven to succeed.
All RISE employees must demonstrate a “can do” attitude and will be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure service users have the best experience possible. RISE would love to employ case managers with dynamic and engaging personalities, who can really engage and motivate service users to change.
If this sounds interesting, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for copy of the Job Description and a summary of the terms and conditions.
4. Casual Workers
RISE is also looking to recruit Casual workers to deliver Out of Court disposal interventions and Domestic Abuse perpetrator programmes, specifically Building Better Relationships in the following areas:
Avon & Somerset, Dorset, Hampshire, Northamptonshire, West Midlands, Kent, Surrey and London.
Please get in touch if you are interested. Contact Cheryl.email@example.com or Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
RISE CIC is a public service mutual created and owned by employees, so they are involved at all levels of decision-making. RISE is the first employee owned mutual delivering probation services. There is a diversity of employees from 20 different cultural backgrounds and different areas of expertise.
Benefits of working at RISE
We are very proud of the benefits package offered to our employees, which we believe makes us an organisation of choice. At RISE you are entitled to:
- 27 days annual leave, in addition to bank holidays.
- A generous pension scheme administered through Royal London,
where employer contributions can reach up to 10%
- Life assurance scheme
Our partners include: