RISE strives for a world where people can lead safe, purposeful lives thanks to better relationships within families and communities; where harmful behaviour is marginalised and fewer people are victims of crime. In order to create safe communities, we empower people to break their cycle of harmful behaviour. RISE’s programmes challenge attitudes and facilitate long-lasting behaviour change and are driven by the belief that anyone can make better decisions, given the right support. We are a small, motivated workforce, with the diverse skills, expertise and experience to reach our vision.
RISE Mutual is a Community Interest Company (CIC) and a public service mutual. We have built a name for ourselves working with Domestic Abuse perpetrators, and developed our own programmes using evidence-based and innovative approaches. Since 2015 we have been delivering in London Boroughs and across the UK to provide a range of services to perpetrators (and victims) of domestic abuse, including our own Safe Relationships Programme and HMPPS’s Accredited programme, Building Better Relationship programme.
RISE is recruiting for the following positions:
1. Domestic Abuse Practitioner role (located in the London borough of Barnet, Brent and Enfield)
RISE is looking to recruit a specialist Domestic Abuse Practitioner to work in north west london boroughs, focussing on the delivery of domestic abuse perpetrator interventions with the ultimate aim to protect victims and their children. The ideal candidate will have experience of group work delivery, and an understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse. They will be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure service users have the best experience possible. RISE would love to employ a probation officer or social worker qualified candidate, or ex-service users, and facilitators with dynamic and engaging personalities, who can really engage and motivate service users to change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver a wide range of interventions which include group work, one to ones, working with both families and Children and Service Users.
- Practitioners will need to adhere to relevant programme manuals and deliver programme sessions to ensure the integrity of programme delivery which is overseen by the Senior Practitioner.
- To engage all participants and facilitate learning including proactively working to reduce attrition.
- To engage closely with the Domestic Abuse Safety Advisor to increase the safety of victims and their children.
- To assist or lead on the delivery of training courses.
- To ensure effective planning for the delivery of each intervention with a co-facilitator (if required) in advance of the session.
- To attend Clinical Consultancy to support safe practice and develop resilience during the delivery of demanding work as directed by the Service Manager.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We are looking to recruit to this position as soon as possible.
1.1 Trainee Practitioners
RISE is recruiting to a new exciting role as trainee practitioners who will work closely with a lead or senior practitioner and obtain on-the-job training and qualifications. If you are interested in this role and want to hear more about it, please contact us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
Working with P3, RISE are able to offer 4 placements to offer experience and progression for these young people.
- Website / IT support
- Marketing & Communications Officer
- Young Persons Outreach
- Groupwork Programme delivery support
RISE is offering the National Living Wage (regardless of age) at a minimum of 25 hours a week for 6 months, and training and support so young people on the scheme can get a job in the future.
If you are interested in applying for one of our roles please send your CV to Cheryl.Rodrigues@risemutual.org
3. Casual Workers
RISE is also looking to recruit Casual workers to deliver Out of Court disposal interventions and Domestic Abuse perpetrator programmes, specifically Building Better Relationships in the following areas:
Avon & Somerset, Dorset, Hampshire, Northamptonshire, West Midlands, Kent, Surrey and London.
Please get in touch if you are interested. Contact Cheryl.email@example.com or Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org
RISE CIC is a public service mutual created and owned by employees, so they are involved at all levels of decision-making. RISE is the first employee owned mutual delivering probation services. There is a diversity of employees from 20 different cultural backgrounds and different areas of expertise.
Benefits of working at RISE
We are very proud of the benefits package offered to our employees, which we believe makes us an organisation of choice. At RISE you are entitled to:
- 27 days annual leave, in addition to bank holidays.
- A generous pension scheme administered through Royal London,
where employer contributions can reach up to 10%
- Life assurance scheme
Our partners include: