T.I.G.E.R (Transforming Inside Growing Emotional Resilience)
The T.I.G.E.R programme is a programme for offenders aged 18 and over and provides a safe, new platform for men who have suffered from trauma to begin a new chapter in their lives.
Scroll down to read more.
"The whole time there was no judgement... nothing but absolute respect for everyone's thoughts, feelings, values and beliefs."
Participant from the T.I.G.E.R programme
Read a guest blog from a service user who participated in the T.I.G.E.R Programme
Whilst the T.I.G.E.R programme focuses on coping strategies and future planning, a key component is that everyone gets the opportunity to have their story heard in the group (this is a significant in helping them move forward). The programme ultimately helps develop greater emotional resilience, and identifies helpful coping strategies that they can adopt.
The programme is delivered over 3 intensive days in a group setting of between five and eight participants.
The target group for the programmes are people with a history of trauma who wish to explore the legacy of their experiences. The programme aims to help participants understand how their past has led them to develop unhelpful or unwanted coping or survival skills and limited their ability to develop emotional resilience.
The T.I.G.E.R programme has the following objectives:
- To provide participants with the opportunity to focus on past, present and future experiences and behaviours;
- To provide participants with the opportunity to acknowledge the legacy of their trauma in a safe environment and receive peer support;
- To provide participants with an opportunity to identify possible future alternative survival skills and the resources needed to develop greater emotional resilience;
- To provide participants with an opportunity to briefly identify life events that may have acted as triggers for their current survival behaviours and coping strategies including anti-social, violent and offending behaviours;
- To explore future opportunities to make pro-social changes, resulting in the development of a next steps action plan;
- To provide participants with opportunities to experience validation and affirmation.
For further details on the T.I.G.E.R programme, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our partners include: